My experience with natural childbirth after caesarean section, after childbirth, women may need to perform a caesarean section to extract the fetus, for various reasons, including a narrow uterus or difficulty in the delivery of the fetus, or the size of the child is larger than usual, but many women prefer natural childbirth after that and want to Learn about the possibility of this and whether there are risks, and on a site we learn about the possibility of natural birth after cesarean section and the most important tips that facilitate this birth.
My experience with natural childbirth after cesarean section
One of the women tells about her experience of natural childbirth after cesarean section. She says that she suffered a lot during her first birth, and the labor process lasted more than sixteen hours, but it was difficult to complete the operation naturally due to the strange position of the fetus in the womb, and the delivery took place by caesarean section, At that time, I did not feel much pain until after giving birth at the site of the wound, and in the second pregnancy that occurred after four years, the doctor insisted that the birth be normal, and advised me to do a number of exercises in the last months of pregnancy, and also advised us to walk more and the marital relationship that helps On the expansion of the cervix, and indeed the natural birth was done very easily, and it turned out that it is not as difficult as some imagine or believe that the one who gave birth by caesarean can not give birth naturally again.
See also: What is perineal clipping and why is it used during childbirth
How to facilitate natural childbirth after cesarean
There are a number of tips that greatly help in the success of a natural birth after a cesarean delivery, and among these tips are the following:
- Paying attention to the practice of simple non-violent sports, especially in the last months of pregnancy, which greatly helps in opening and expanding the pelvis.
- Excessive sexual intercourse and the marital relationship between the pregnant woman and her husband in the last month, which dilates the cervix and softens the flexors.
- Attention not to increase the weight of the pregnant woman above the normal limit, which is within 10 kilograms during the entire pregnancy.
- maintaining the level of blood pressure within its safe limits; So that there is no significant increase or decrease in blood pressure.
- Leave the rush in childbirth and wait until the signs of natural labor begin, which the woman feels in her back and lower part of her body.
- Ensure that the natural delivery after cesarean section is in a well-equipped hospital and with a specialized doctor in case of any unexpected complications.
- Educating the pregnant woman from the cognitive point of view to make her more receptive and reassuring to have a natural birth after cesarean section, especially since statistical studies prove the success of more than 70% of these operations.
Reasons for cesarean delivery
There are a number of factors and reasons that increase the chances of a cesarean delivery than normal, including the following:
- The strange position of the fetus in the womb and the difficulty of descending naturally into this position.
- The umbilical cord is wrapped around the fetus’s neck, which often happens and the doctor is forced to deliver a caesarean section to avoid suffocation of the fetus during delivery.
- A woman’s pelvis narrows, and thus is unable to remove the baby’s head from the womb.
- Pregnancy with twins or more at one time.
- Infection of the mother with a viral disease that doctors fear from transmitting the infection to the child during childbirth, and the most famous of these diseases is herpes, or hepatitis B virus.
- The placenta descends into the area below the uterus and then blocks the fetus’s natural exit route, which requires surgical intervention.
- Fear for the mother from the complications of natural childbirth because she has a chronic disease such as heart disease or severe irregular pressure.
- The desire of the pregnant woman to have a caesarean section to avoid the pain associated with natural childbirth and shorten the period of labour.
- Some doctors make it easy to perform a caesarean section because of the lack of effort in it, in addition to the increase in the financial return from it.
Signs of approaching birth
There are a number of signs that if they occur, it means that the date of childbirth is approaching for a woman, and then she must take appropriate preparations for that, and the following are the most important of these signs:
- Feeling more contractions and cramps in the area below the uterus than before.
- The cervix dilates in the last days of pregnancy.
- Feeling the need to urinate more often than usual due to the increased pressure of the fetus on the mother’s bladder in the last days and weeks of pregnancy.
- Severe pain that begins to attack the mother in the lower back, which occurs due to the stretching of the muscles and internal ligaments in the body in preparation for the birth event.
- Diarrhea and the number of times to go to the bathroom, which also occurs due to the pressure of the fetus on the large intestine and its effect on the muscles of the rectum, which causes a permanent feeling of diarrhea.
- The descent of fluid from the woman’s womb, which occurs due to the exit of the materials surrounding the fetus in preparation for its descent.
- The last sign of the approaching date of delivery is bleeding from the womb, which means that delivery is close within hours.
Reasons for successful natural birth after cesarean section
There are a number of factors that help the success of the natural birth process after cesarean section, and we have presented that more than 70% of those who had a cesarean delivery can give birth naturally after that, and the following are the most important factors for the success of this birth:
- The length of the interval between the last caesarean section and the natural birth, which should not be less than two years, although it is preferable that the interval between them be within four years.
- The mother is free from chronic diseases such as heart disease or chronic stress, and she is also in good health in terms of proper nutrition and appropriate weight during pregnancy.
- The fetus enjoys good health and is free from genetic diseases or congenital diseases such as deformities or disabilities.
- Attention to choosing the hospital in which the delivery takes place, taking care to choose the doctor who performs the obstetric process and ensuring his competence and ability.
- Informing the attending physician of the previous caesarean section before initiating a natural birth, so that he has a background on the case he is dealing with.
- The mother does not perform more than one caesarean section, as repeated caesarean sections reduce the chances of a natural birth after that.
See also: 10 steps to successful breastfeeding
Possible cases of natural childbirth after caesarean section
There are a number of cases, if available, the natural birth of a pregnant woman after cesarean section is safer, and these factors include the following:
- The caesarean section wound is at a lower level than the uterine wall and is a small wound, and then there is safety from fear of laceration in that place.
- That the cesarean delivery was due to an accidental event for the woman, such as a strange and rarely repeated fetal position, or the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck.
- A pregnant woman undergoing a natural birth before that greatly helps to repeat this process again even after a cesarean section without fear of complications.
Tips to help complete a natural birth
There are a number of tips that help a pregnant woman to give birth naturally, whether she had a caesarean birth before or not, and the following are the most important of these tips:
- Attention to healthy food for the mother, which must contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals important to strengthen the mother’s body and nourish the fetus.
- Regularly take nutritional supplements recommended by the doctor, which help compensate the mother’s body for the iron and calcium that the fetus pulls from her, which is not enough just food to compensate.
- Pay attention to eating an integrated diet rich in fiber that does not cause significant weight gain; As a significant increase in weight increases the chances of a cesarean delivery.
- Pay attention to exercising regularly during pregnancy, and take care of walking and careful movement, especially in the last months of pregnancy.
- Drinking the boiled fenugreek sweetened with honey, which helps soften the uterine muscles and increases the opening and widening of the pelvis in preparation for the arrival and descent of the newborn.
- When feeling the beginnings of labor in the lower back or the beginning of fluid descent from the uterus, a hot boiled egg is eaten, as it is one of the proven things that helps to speed up the pace of labor and shorten the duration of natural childbirth.
Advantages of natural childbirth
Natural childbirth has many advantages that are not found in a cesarean delivery, the most prominent of which are the following:
- Reduced risk of severe bleeding or the need for a blood transfusion after a cesarean delivery.
- Rapid recovery from childbirth and speedy discharge from the hospital.
- The pain is mainly limited to the stage of childbirth only, and after childbirth, the pain decreases dramatically and quickly.
- Rapid return to the exercise of daily life.
- Staying away from the risks and complications of surgical operations that may occur in a caesarean delivery, such as the risks of anesthesia, opening the abdomen, suturing, or sensitivity to some medical components.
- Ease of normal delivery again without problems or the need to wait for a period of time.
See also: How do I get pregnant with normal twins and what are the signs and risks of having twins
Caesarean section side effects
Caesarean section may sometimes be necessary and there is no other option, but some pregnant women may prefer it over normal for fear of pain and labor troubles, so it is important to identify the most prominent damages and complications that can be caused by cesarean delivery, which are as follows:
- Infection of the wound with infection or bacterial infection, which causes the wound to swell, suppurate and delay healing.
- Endometrial infection, which is a common complication of caesarean sections, in which severe inflammation and secretions occur in the vaginal area, and pain and cramps in the lower abdomen area.
- The need for a blood transfusion for pregnant women because of the loss of a lot of blood resulting from the opening and suturing.
- Delayed breastfeeding in caesarean sections due to the lack of natural hormone secretion, which increases in quantities with labor and natural birth, and decreases in caesarean section.
- Urinary tract infection, whether bacterial or viral.
- Difficulty urinating or defecating after a caesarean section.
The difference between natural birth and caesarean section
There are a number of differences between natural delivery and cesarean delivery that can be identified as follows:
- Natural childbirth: Natural childbirth often occurs without any surgical intervention from the doctor. When the woman’s labor is complete, the uterus has expanded its neck, and the pelvic opening has widened to receive the fetus’s head, which begins to descend from the uterus to the birth canal to the vaginal opening that expands to receive the fetus. The doctor gives an injection to the pregnant woman to relieve the pain of labor in the back area, which greatly relieves the pain and difficulty of childbirth.
- Caesarean section: The fetus is removed from the mother’s womb through a surgical operation by making a transverse incision above the uterus in the area above the pubic region, and the woman needs full anesthesia or semi-anaesthesia. Anesthesia and anesthesia.
Risks of natural childbirth after caesarean section
There are usually no risks or complications of a natural birth that occurs after a cesarean section, but there are some potential risks that can be identified as follows:
- Lack of oxygen during childbirth, which may affect the health of the fetus’s brain and cells.
- The mother has chronic pain in the pelvic area.
- The first incision for a cesarean delivery ruptures, but this may happen when not enough time is left to separate a vaginal delivery from a caesarean section.
Thus, we have learned about my experience with natural childbirth after cesarean section, and we have learned the most important tips that help in completing the process of natural childbirth after cesarean section without complications or risks, as well as the reasons for the success of natural childbirth, the risks of cesarean delivery and the difference between them and natural birth.